Heaters - Technical Information
Infrared heating systems are divided into three categories according to the type of heating element used.
- Long Wave Heaters (1500C-6500C)
- Response Time 3-30 minutes
- Gas Radiant Tube
- Medium Wave Heaters (6500C-9800C)
- Response Time 75 Seconds
- Gas Radiant panel
- Metal Sheath Infrared Radiant
- Quartz Tube
- Short Wave Heaters (9800C-27600C)
- Response Time 1 Second
- Radiant IRA Quartz Lamp
Things to Know
- The shorter the wavelength, the better the penetration capacity
- The higher the temperature of the element, the higher the total output energy that is converted into radiation.
- A heater with a larger mass takes longer to reach the desired temperature.
- The performance of the radiant unit is measured by two things:
- Radiation-generating ratio (the percentage of radiation being transmitted by the heating element.)
- Pattern Efficiency (the ability to direct the radiation to specific desired areas.)
- For radiant heaters that are gas powered, only 10-20% of the output energy (combustion) becomes usefl infrared heat. The Installation area must be well ventilated, otherwise there would be a rise in humidity levels. During the combustion process, there is a release of water vapour, which creates undesirable condensation.
- Short Wave Radiant Heater
- Rainproof/ CSA approved
- 120V 1500w
- 8 Pounds
- Base models come in either textured white, or hammertone bronze.
- Other colours are available upon request.