Luminessence Lighting has over 16 years of experience doing lighting retrofits, to learn what we can do for you please start our lighting systems retrofit presentation:
You can download this information in a printable brochure from the "Brochure" tab below!
- Electrical lighting load can be reduced by up to 66%.
- Heat within the growth chamber is dramatically reduced.
- Lighting levels can be increased by as much as 200% while still providing energy savings.
- New T5HO canopies replace old T12VHO canopies as T12 is being phased out over the next couple of years.
- New T5HO lamps come in a variety of different colour temperatures, providing a wider range of colour spectrums
- Over 200 growth chamber lighting retrofits completed for clients such as the University of Alberta, University of Saskatoon, National Research Council, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Over 17 years experience in the lighting retrofit market.
- Staff consists of Professional Engineers, Lighting Consultants and Project Managers.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Saskatoon
Luminessence performed a lighting retrofit of over 40 growth chambers in the spring of 2010. Below are the measured results from that project. (Levels in micromoles.)
|Light Canopy Size:||32"x72"||52"x96"||35"x96"||47"x72"|
|# of Canopies:||1||1||2||4|
|Fluor. Wattage After:||1080||2640||3840||7200|
|Inc. Wattage Before:||480||1800||1120||2880|
|Inc. Wattage After:||0||0||0||0|
|Total Wattage Before:||2320||7680||6280||13200|
|Total Wattage After:||1080||2640||3840||7200|
|Micromole Level Before:||288||353||217||266|
|Micromole Level After:||492||576||441||558|
|Total Energy Savings:||53%||66%||39%||35%|
T5HO Light Canopy
- Our system consists of 3' and 4' modules which can be installed on site for different sized chambers. This flexibility allows us to provide new lighting canopies for all sizes and all manufacturers of growth chambers.
- Our modules utilize custom designed high reflectance materials (95%) and individual cavities to maximize light output. Each module is made of high quality aluminum.
T5HO Light Canopy Benefits
- Our T5HO lighting canopies allow us to provide maximum light with minimum energy. Our specially designed reflector system allows us to provide exceptional energy savings (66%) while maintaining and quite often increasing lighting values.
- Our system also creates individual cavities for the lamps which help to maintain heat, which is vital in low temperature applications. We have a 10% loss of lighting values at a temperature of 0°C.
- Our system also allows for better lighting control with better balanced lighting values.
For all lighting retrofit inquiries and more information please contact William C. Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org